Sharp Tooling Solutions is a leading full-service supplier for the aerospace, automotive and defense industries specializing in the design and construction of checking fixtures and tooling. We are currently seeking to fill a full-time Welder/Fabricator position in our Romeo facility.
Upon hire, eligible for $1,500 signing bonus total (half paid after 60 days and the other half after 6 months employment).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lay out, fit, position, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications within 1/16”, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Tack-weld or weld components and assemblies, using GMAW, GTAW, carbon arc and gas, or other welding equipment.
- Scale and cut stock for building jobs.
- Observe tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Inspect grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Remove rough spots from the workpiece, using a portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or horizontal positions.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Develop templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Determine required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Operate both TIG and MIG. Obtain and maintain weld certification.
- Employees will also be expected to perform all physical requirements necessary for their position.
- Understanding of ITAR / FOD as required for aerospace and best practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read micrometers, calipers, indicators & height gage
- Equipment Selection – determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do the job
- Understand and operate the surface grinder, lathe, and Bridgeport equipment
- Ability to work with precise measurements
- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or a combination of relevant fixture work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
- Strong welding experience in manufacturing, automotive, aerospace industries preferred.
- 3G certification in GMAW, GTAW for steel and aluminum preferred.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements; therefore, it is required that the candidate must be a “US Person” as defined by 22.C.F.R. §.
Pay Rate and Benefits
- Pay Rate dependent on qualifications
- Signing bonus paid after 60 days and 6 months of employment
- Standard benefit package available including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, etc.
Please no third-party inquiries.
Application Process: Submit your resume to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
Download Job Posting
70745 Powell Road
Sharp Tooling Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, height, marital or veteran status or the presence of medical conditions or disability. Michigan and Federal laws require employers to make accommodations to persons with a disability if the disability can be accommodated within certain guidelines, and the individual can perform the essential job duties with or without such accommodation. Persons with a disability may request an accommodation of their disability by notifying Sharp Tooling Solutions’ Director of Human Resources office in writing of the need for accommodation.
"*" indicates required fields