Sharp Tooling Solutions is a leading full-service supplier for the aerospace, automotive and defense industries specializing in the design and construction of checking fixtures and tooling. We are currently seeking to fill a full-time CMM Operator position in our Romeo facility.
Upon hire, eligible for $1,500 – $2,500 signing bonus (based on experience) paid 30 days after hire date.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform maintenance of production machinery and test equipment, solving atypical problems.
• Perform InoraSRS machine verification process for accuracy and calibration interval assessment.
• Perform inspection of InoraSRS for PAS testing results.
• Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
• Perform CMM program and inspection activities where actual results are compared with customer requirements and specifications.
• Perform and maintain inspection data or special capabilities studies; interpret and effectively communicate results and recommend required adjustments to the tool.
• Operate additional manual measuring equipment including calipers, micrometers, etc.
• Record results on appropriate customer standard forms and documentation (FAI).
• Archive results on the company server for proper storage, maintenance, and backup.
• Understand and able to explain the company’s Quality Policy.
• Understand the overview of the Quality Management System and document architecture.
• Conduct housekeeping for personal work area and shared facility space.
• Observe and comply with all safety, environmental, regulatory, and statutory requirements associated with this job description.
• Understanding of ITAR / FOD as required for aerospace and best practices.
• All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of AS9100 / ISO9000 requirements
• Metrology and GD&T skills. Expect statistical knowledge and background with hands-on experience with analytical methods.
• Problem-solving, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Skilled in the setup and operation of automatic CMMs and proficient with Verisurf Inspection Software
• Ability to understand complex instructions including schematics blueprints, schematics, models, or specifications
• Capable of providing solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures.
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or a combination of relevant Fixture work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
• CMM experience in manufacturing, automotive, aerospace or CMM process field required.
• This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements; therefore, it is required that the candidate must be a “US Person” as defined by 22.C.F.R. §.
Pay Rate and Benefits
• Pay Rate dependent on qualifications
• $1,500 – $2,500 signing bonus (based on experience) paid after 30 days
• Standard benefit package available including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, etc.
70745 Powell Road
Sharp Tooling Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, height, marital or veteran status or the presence of medical conditions or disability. Michigan and Federal laws require employers to make accommodations to persons with a disability if the disability can be accommodated within certain guidelines, and the individual can perform the essential job duties with or without such accommodation. Persons with a disability may request an accommodation of their disability by notifying Sharp Tooling Solutions’ Director of Human Resources office in writing of the need for accommodation.
"*" indicates required fields