Fixture Builder – Automotive
Sharp Tooling Solutions is a leading full-service supplier for the aerospace, automotive and defense industries specializing in the design and construction of checking fixtures and tooling. We are currently seeking to fill a full-time Fixture Builder position in our Romeo facility.
Upon hire, eligible for $1,500 signing bonus total (half paid after 60 days and the other half after 6 months employment).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine blueprint of part for which template, jig, fixture, or other tooling is to be built.
- Calculate unspecified dimensions and lay out design on assorted materials to establish and coordinate reference points and tooling holes, using measuring instruments.
- Set up and operate variety of machines (lathes, Bridgeport, grinder, etc.) and shop equipment to cut, shape, and finish materials to specified dimensions.
- Fit, align, and assemble tooling components, and measure tooling assembly for conformance to specifications, using precision measuring and checking instruments.
- Join assembly components, using bolts, pins, clamps, screws, rivets, or other method.
- Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Employees will also be expected to perform all physical requirements necessary for their position.
- Understanding of ITAR / FOD as required for aerospace and best practices.
- Some travel as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand prints, build sheets & find items in XYZ views.
- Ability to read micrometers, calipers, indicators & height gage.
- Understanding of trigonometry to find Sine-Cosine-Tangent of angles.
- Understand and operate proto-track, surface grinder, lathe and bridgeport equipment.
- Ability to build a clean and neat job.
- Ability to work with precise measurements.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or a combination of relevant Fixture work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
- Fixture or machining experience in manufacturing, automotive, aerospace or process fixture field preferred.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements; therefore, it is required that the candidate must be a “US Person” as defined by 22.C.F.R. §.
Pay Rate and Benefits
- Pay Rate dependent on qualifications
- Signing bonus paid after 60 days and 6 months of employment
- Standard benefit package available including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, etc.
Please no third-party inquiries.
Download Job Posting
70745 Powell Road
Sharp Tooling Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, height, marital or veteran status or the presence of medical conditions or disability. Michigan and Federal laws require employers to make accommodations to persons with a disability if the disability can be accommodated within certain guidelines, and the individual can perform the essential job duties with or without such accommodation. Persons with a disability may request an accommodation of their disability by notifying Sharp Tooling Solutions’ Director of Human Resources office in writing of the need for accommodation.
"*" indicates required fields