Sharp Tooling Solutions is a leading full-service supplier for the aerospace, automotive and defense industries specializing in the design and construction of checking fixtures and tooling. We are currently seeking to fill a full-time CNC Machinist position in our Romeo facility for 1st shift.
Upon hire, eligible for $1,500 signing bonus total (half paid after 60 days and the other half after 6 months employment).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Program mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Set-up mills, vises, tools, attachments, collets.
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling and cutting, taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Boeing Digital Product Definition DPD Procedures
- Understanding of ITAR / FOD as required for aerospace and best practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operate a variety CNC controls.
- CNC Programming.
- Functional and Technical Skills, of NC Machine controls.
- Knowledge of Tooling, Coordination, Control of proper stock Inventory Material, Attention to Detail, and Judgment.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or a combination of relevant Fixture work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
- CNC machining experience in manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, or process CNC machining field preferred.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements; therefore, it is required that the candidate must be a “US Person” as defined by 22.C.F.R. §.
Pay Rate and Benefits
- Pay Rate dependent on qualifications
- Signing bonus paid after 60 days and 6 months of employment
- Standard benefit package available including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, etc.
Please no third-party inquiries.
Download Job Posting
70745 Powell Road
Sharp Tooling Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, height, marital or veteran status or the presence of medical conditions or disability. Michigan and Federal laws require employers to make accommodations to persons with a disability if the disability can be accommodated within certain guidelines, and the individual can perform the essential job duties with or without such accommodation. Persons with a disability may request an accommodation of their disability by notifying Sharp Tooling Solutions’ Director of Human Resources office in writing of the need for accommodation.
"*" indicates required fields